Large Pitcher of Margaritas for Price of a Small. Have you tried one of our homemade tamales yet?
Tamales are one of the most iconic Mexican dishes ever. Along with tacos, they are arguably among the best-known kinds of Mexican food. Tamales are beloved in Mexico and abroad, and with good reason. They are soft, warm, tasty, delicious treats, and good for almost any occassion, special or otherwise. In case you have been living in some other food planet and you’ve never had one, I strongly suggest you try one today! Grab any one of our housemade tamales for $3.50 today.
Fun facts about tamales
- Tamales have been around for almost 9,000 years!
- The origin of tamales can be traced back to the Aztecs, Mayans, and Incans.
- The Aztecs made tamales for the festival Atamalcualiztli to celebrate the birth of the corn god and Izcalli to pay respects to the fire god.
- In the Huasteca region of Mexico, people make tamales that weigh over 100 pounds and are around 10 feet long!
- March 23rd is unofficially celebrated as National Tamale Day.